Not the 'Cover of the Rolling Stone' but...

Grateful We're Not Dead has finally achieved a modicum of international recognition. After posting Finally, Some Music (So To Speak) I returned a few hours later to see a comment added by Clay Eals, authour of Steve Goodman: Facing the Music, an 800 page biography of the late Steve Goodman. You can download the first chapter of Clay's book from his web site. The book looks to be a good read and can be purchased at the site's Online Store. The book is definitely going on my "must read" list.

The next morning I awoke to find out we had been featured in a blog article, Grateful We Are Not Dead And Loving It, by Allan Cockerill in Australia. Allan's blog is a worthwhile visit (especially since he thinks that Grateful We're Not Dead don't "sound all that bad") and I drop by on a regular basis. By the way Allan, is 'not sounding all that bad' synonymous with 'don't sound too damn good'? :-)

Anyway, as a result of Allan's article visits to this blog have skyrocketed. We've had t'ousands and t'ousands of visitors - at least 25. (That's 25 not 25,000 and according to Google Analytics, 40% of the visits have been by Search Engines. I guess those robots just love country music.)

Anyway, to wrap up this article I strongly suggest if you are a Steve Goodman fan that you drop by Clay Eals site and have a look at the first chapter of his book. And of course, for an interesting read, why not have Coffee With Allan Cockerill on a regular basis.

4 comments:

katieo said...

How can we contact you. I'm an OLD friend of Bruce and Marg - haven't seen them in 30 years but would love to get in touch.

Katie O.

Anonymous said...

:D Definitely not the cover of Rolling Stone, but...

How does pretty damn good sound...?

Cheers mate!

Allan

Don White said...

Katie O,

Just send me an email at thenotdead@whitedomain.com and I'll forward it to Bruce so he'll have your email address.

Don

Don White said...

G'day Allan,

You're too kind, eh?. :-) I hope you find a big increase in coffee visits from the t'ousands and t'ousands who pass through the GWND blog, eh?.

All the best my friend,

Don